RESULTS for the
Sasquatch Night Trail 5K
2017 Sasquatch Finish line results As you all know, we handle the timing and there were a few discrepancies. If you know who finished in the 3 empty slots or any other errors, please let us know.
Thanks to every one that participated in and sponsored the event!
Here is a link to photos from the Sasquatch Night Trail 5K 2017 Sasq pics on FB
Alex’s Plunge – February 25th
This inaugural polar plunge went very well. The air temperature was 65 and the water was about 45 degrees! Many of the participants lingered in the water for many minutes and conversed before getting into dry clothes and lunch.
Awards were given for the TOP individual and team fundraisers. The top fundraising team was the Ranch Hope administration and the top individual was a part of that team. He gave his trophy to Alex, because none of the donations would have been possible if not for his idea of the plunge!
Donations of over $1200 were made to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation and the Omega Program of Ranch Hope. The students in the Omega Program are currently deciding to spend the funds on a new basketball goal, a fun trip among other ideas! Thanks again to all that supported this frigid event and we look forward to next winter!
Many events open to the public are hosted each year by Camp Edge.
Here are a few and the next scheduled date.
- Sasquatch Night Trail Run – April 1st 2017 – A 5k on the trails at night give all participants an unique experience. We invite Sasquatch and friends out for this event and sometimes even get a selfie with our visitors. You can register here > Sasquatch Registration
- Bike to the Edge – May 6th 2017 – Our bicycling event begins at Camp Edge and follows a supported course through Salem and Cumberland counties. Our last station and turn-around point is at Higbees Marina in Fortescue, NJ. Cyclists have the options of our 5 mile Alloway loop or up to 62 miles. Register here > Bike to the Edge registration
- Community Climb Day – TBD Our high ropes course is open for anyone to come out for the high climbing challenges. This usually requires a group minimum of 10 participants.
- Muddy Bottom Crazy 8K – September 30th 2017 This mud run is nearly 5 miles of twisting trails, multiple muck pits, lake crossings and special camp obstacles. Each year a theme is voted upon by the participants, and the winner for the 2017 theme is “In a galaxy far, far away! Register HERE Muddy registration
- Disc Golf Tournament – TBD We will host a 9 hole disc golf tournament in the fall of 2017. Stay connected for more info!